Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Blogging...6 months and holding!!

So, I started this blog with full intentions on keeping up with it. But this thing called life decided to take over and here I am, almost 6 months later, writing a 2nd blog. So, I think the name of my blog was perfect; I am "Simply Irritated" that I added this little blog to my life. I really should be better about it like my sister-in-law, who brought on this irritating desire for me to suddenly blog. She is "happy" to post blogs weekly, if necessary. I mean seriously, she was road tripping with her 3 daughters to Texas, having dance parties with her kids in the car and probably blogging at the same time! If you don't believe me, check out Road Trippin...Gammel Style for further information.

I will say though, the last 6 months have been the fastest, most accomplished 6 months of my life. While I wasn't blogging, I was going back to school to complete my Masters in Elementary Education and Student Teaching. I dedicated 15 weeks, paycheck-free, to working in a 6th grade classroom in Douglas County by day and going to class by night. It was so fulfilling and I could not have asked for a better experience. I didn't think I would like being in the classroom so much, but in the end, I loved it. It was the best decision I could have made, even if it was a huge financial strain on my family. I figure I only have one life and I might as well be "Happy" at a job instead of constantly "Irritated" like I was for years.

I am now looking for a job in the teaching sector, but it is a tough time for newbies like me to find a teaching job. There are still layoffs happening, especially in the district I live in. I want so badly to teach next year, and I have applied to over 50 openings, and all I receive are IRRITATING FORM REJECTION LETTERS!! I have also applied for sales jobs and of course, I am being asked to interview for them since that is where my experience is.

So, I have to put this all in God's hands and hope that the right opportunity presents itself. In the meantime, I shuttle our kids from LAX practice, track meets, Dr. appointments and anywhere else their hearts desire! I am also my hubby's secretary since he cannot take care of certain things at work. Most importantly though, I am able to enjoy this time at home with Cade because I don't know if I will ever be able to spend this kind of time with him again!

I hope that explains my absence to my 3 dedicated followers! Hopefully I will be better at blogging, but if not, check back at Christmas time! That seems to be my current blogging schedule!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you would ever blog again! And I'm sure something really irritating will happen and it'll make for a great blog! :) Might even happen on our family weekend away. hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete