Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Birth of a Blog...

Well, after a year of talking about it, I decided to start a blog! I thought it would be a nice way to begin 2012 and also a great way to "journal" the happenings in this Gammel household! I know it's not 2012 quite yet, but I have a free minute to get started and I don't feel like waiting!


I chose "Simply Irritated" as my title because it has been an ongoing joke for the last year. My sister-in-law, Heather Gammel, started blogging and called it "Simply Happy." After reading a few of her perky posts, I decided that I could be the devil's advocate to every one of her posts, which made me start considering "Simply Irritated." We would joke about it around other people, and had a pretty good reaction...probably because it is so true. She is Happy, I am Irritated...and neither one of us is hiding our dispositions!


Now, me being the worrier that I am (something we will discuss later, but is an irritating quality of mine), I worried about making my title all about being irritated. I thought, "I don't want everyone to just think I am unhappy and irritated at all times." But, in reality, I am not unhappy...but A LOT of things irritate me! I also thought, "followers (if there are any) will expect me write about what is irritating me all the time." I don't want to do that, so I am clearing that up now...I will not always be irritated. I will have happy (not like Heather happy) posts, but they will likely be lined with a note of irritation.


So, I am excited to start this blog and see if I really keep up with it. The New Year is bringing some new challenges and I hope I can share the details with you. In the meantime, Happy 2012...a little early! (Isn't it irritating when people start wishing you greetings early??)

3 comments:

  1. HA!!! Yeah!!! It's finally here! I am so excited! You go Brooke!! Now... I just have to sit back and wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously the happiest day of my life! You have finally started your blog!!! Now I am going to have to be careful about what I blog about... in fact what I say. It will definitely end up in one of your blogs. Well I can't wait to read what simply irritated haws to say. I have been waiting a long time for this!

    ReplyDelete